Correct use method and precautions of electric hammer
Introduction to the working principle of electric hammer
Electric hammer is a type of electric drill, which is mainly used to drill holes in concrete, floor slabs, brick walls and stone. There are also multifunctional electric hammers, which can be used instead of ordinary electric drills and electric picks when adjusted to the appropriate position and equipped with an appropriate drill.
The electric hammer is driven by a transmission mechanism to drive a piston to reciprocately compress air in a cylinder. The periodic change of air pressure in the cylinder drives the hammer in the cylinder to reciprocate against the top of the brick, as if we were hitting the brick with a hammer.
In addition to rotating like an electric drill, the electric hammer also has the function of moving forward and backward. Usually, the electric hammer includes the function of an electric drill, and some electric hammers are also called impact drills. The electric hammer is suitable for large diameters such as 30mm or more.
Advantages: The advantages are high efficiency, large aperture and long drilling depth.
Disadvantages: The disadvantage is that the vibration is large, which has a certain degree of damage to surrounding structures.
Working principle: The principle of electric hammer is that while the transmission mechanism drives the drill bit to make a rotary motion, there is also a reciprocating hammering motion in a direction perpendicular to the rotating head. The electric hammer is driven by a transmission mechanism to drive a piston to reciprocately compress air in a cylinder. Periodic changes in the air pressure in the cylinder drive the hammer in the cylinder to reciprocate against the top of the brick, as if we were hitting the brick with a hammer.
Correct use method and precautions of electric hammer
1. Personal protection when using electric hammer
1. The operator should wear protective glasses to protect the eyes. When working with the face up, wear a protective mask.
2. Earplugs should be plugged during long-term operation to reduce the influence of noise.
3. The drill bit is in a hot state after long-term operation, so please pay attention to burn your skin when replacing it.
4. When working, use the side handle and operate with both hands to sprain the arm with the reaction force when the rotor is blocked.
5. When standing on a ladder or working at a height, measures for falling from a height should be taken, and the ladder should be supported by ground personnel.
2. Matters needing attention before electric hammer operation
1. Confirm whether the power supply connected to the site matches the nameplate of the electric hammer. Whether there is a leakage protector connected.
2. The drill bit and the holder should be adapted and installed properly.
3. When drilling walls, ceilings, and floors, first confirm whether there are buried cables or pipes.
4. When working at high places, pay full attention to the safety of objects and pedestrians below, and set up warning signs when necessary.
5. Confirm whether the switch on the electric hammer is turned off. If the power switch is turned on, the power tool will turn unexpectedly when the plug is inserted into the power socket, which may cause personal injury.
6. If the work site is far away from the power source and the cable needs to be extended, use a qualified extension cable with sufficient capacity. If the extension cable passes through the pedestrian walkway, it should be elevated or take measures to prevent the cable from being crushed and damaged.
Three, the correct operation method of electric hammer
1. "Drilling with percussion" operation
(1) Pull the working mode knob to the impact rotation hole position.
(2) Put the drill bit to the position to be drilled, and then pull out the switch trigger. The hammer drill only needs to be pressed slightly, so that the chips can be discharged freely, and there is no need to press hard.
2. "Chiseling and breaking" operations
(1) Pull the working mode knob to the "single tap" position.
(2) Use the self-weight of the drilling rig to perform operations without pushing hard.
3. "Drilling" operation
(1) Pull the working mode knob to the "drilling" (non-hammering) position.
(2) Put the drill bit on the position to be drilled, and then pull the switch trigger. Just push it.
Fourth, check the drill bit
The use of dull or curved drill bits will cause the motor overload surface to malfunction and reduce the work efficiency. Therefore, if such a situation is found, it should be dealt with and replaced immediately.
5. Inspection of the fastening screws of the electric hammer body
Due to the impact generated by the electric hammer operation, it is easy to loosen the mounting screws of the electric hammer body. Check the tightening condition frequently. If the screws are found loose, they should be tightened immediately, otherwise the electric hammer will fail.
Six, check the carbon brush
The carbon brush on the motor is a consumable. Once its abrasion exceeds the limit, the motor will malfunction. Therefore, the worn out carbon brush should be replaced immediately. In addition, the carbon brush must always be kept clean.
Seven, protective grounding wire inspection
The protective grounding wire is an important measure to protect personal safety. Therefore, Class I appliances (metal casing) should be checked frequently and the casing should be well grounded.
8. Check the dust cover
The dust cover is designed to prevent dust from entering the internal mechanism. If the inside of the dust cover is worn out, it should be replaced immediately.