In life, the frequency of the use of electric drill is very high, even if do not do carpentry, at home can also prepare one. But do you know how to use the drill correctly? How to replace the drill bit? Next, we will introduce the use of electric drill and the replacement method of electric drill bit.
Working principle of electric drill
The motor rotor of electromagnetic rotary or electromagnetic reciprocating small capacity motor does magnetic field cutting and power operation, and drives the working device through the transmission mechanism to drive the gear to increase the power of the drill bit, so that the drill bit scrapes the surface of the object and penetrates the object better.
Types of drills
Types of electric drill: electric drill can be divided into three categories: electric hand drill, impact drill and hammer drill. According to the speed, there is the difference between variable speed and fixed speed. The prices of these three kinds of electric drills are arranged from low to high, and their functions are also increased. The selection of these drills should be combined with their respective application scope and requirements.
Electric hand drill
The power is the smallest, and the scope of use is limited to drilling wood and an electric screwdriver. Some hand electric drills can be changed into special tools according to their use, with many uses and models.
There are two kinds of impact mechanism of impact drill: dog tooth type and ball type. It can be used for natural stone or concrete, but the impact force is far less than that of electric hammer, so it can be used for ordinary electric drill.
It can drill holes in a variety of hard materials and has the widest application range. Can produce a strong impact force, along with the drilling effect. Power can split stone and divide gold.
Detailed explanation of the use of electric drill
Personal protection when using electric drill
1. Wear a protective mask when working face up. Wear protective glasses when drilling on pig iron castings to protect eyes.
2. Bit holder should be installed properly.
3. When the drill bit is in the burning state, pay attention to burn skin.
4. The handgun drill with side handle should be used when drilling the hand-held electric drill with diameter more than 12mm.
5. When working on the ladder or working at high place, the falling measures shall be taken, and the ladder shall be supported by ground personnel.
Precautions before operation
1. Confirm whether the power supply connected on site is consistent with the electric drill nameplate. Whether the leakage protector is connected.
2. The drill bit and the holder shall be matched and installed properly
3. Make sure that the switch on the drill is in the lock state, otherwise the drill will turn suddenly when the plug is inserted into the power socket, which may cause personal injury.
4. If the working place is far away from the power supply, the extension cable with sufficient capacity and qualified installation shall be used. If the extension cable passes through the pedestrian aisle, it should be elevated or take measures to prevent the cable from being crushed and damaged.
Correct operation method of electric drill
1. In order to drill holes on metal materials, first of all, punch holes at the position to be drilled.
2. When drilling larger holes, use small drill bit to drill through in advance, and then use large drill bit to drill holes.
3. If it is necessary to drill on the metal for a long time, some cooling measures can be taken to keep the drill sharp.
4. The drilling cuttings produced during drilling are strictly prohibited to be cleaned by hand, and special tools shall be used to remove the drilling cuttings.
Maintenance and inspection
1. Check the drill bit: the use of dull or bent bit will make the motor overload surface abnormal and reduce the operation efficiency. Therefore, if such a situation is found, it should be handled and replaced immediately.
If the electric drill is tightened, check the screw tightening condition immediately. 2.
3. Check the carbon brush: the carbon brush on the motor is a kind of consumable. Once its wear degree exceeds the limit, the motor will fail. Therefore, the worn carbon brush should be replaced immediately. In addition, the carbon brush must always be kept clean.
4. Inspection of protective grounding wire: the protection of grounding wire is an important measure to protect personal safety. Therefore, the enclosure of class I equipment (metal shell) should be regularly inspected to ensure good grounding.
How to change the drill bit?
Under normal circumstances, the way to change the drill bit of electric drill and impact electric drill is the same, only because the drill chuck on them is divided into self tightening chuck and hand tightening chuck. When replacing the drill bit with self tightening chuck, we need to hold the drill chuck by one hand and turn on the reverse switch of electric drill, so as to simply replace the original bit and use the same method Put the drill bit up. Of course, don't forget to turn back the switch in the forward and reverse directions. If it is a hand tight drill chuck, it can be replaced by opening the key of the drill chuck.